Choosing the right career path is always a difficult step for any student. Medical colleges/universities in Nepal are most tried after by international students, and thus, getting MBBS in Nepal is very competitive. Nepal is a great place to study MBBS and start your Career ahead. If being the best doctor is on your mind, then MBBS in Nepal is what you go for.
Nepal medical universities have world-class infrastructure and state of the art facilities. The MBBS course duration in Nepal is six years, including internships similar to in India.
It is completely worth studying MBBS in Nepal with the best Medical Council of India(MCI) approved medical universities or schools having an affordable fee structure and without any donation or capitation fee.
In Nepal, the MBBS program course duration is five and a half years. The first four and half years of the MBBS program are devoted to the theoretical study that includes Basic sciences and clinical sciences and one year of internship. Students will undergo practical exposure during their internship period.
After completing the MBBS course happily, Indian students are awarded a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. Studying medicine in Nepal also offers placement options for completing the MBBS course.
Why Choose Nepal for studying MBBS
- An affordable fee structure for MBBS in Nepal.
- Some universities offer free education for international students.
- Students Get high-quality education through MBBS in Nepal.
- A wonderful country to explore and learn medicine.
- Students from different countries come to study medication in Nepal.
- Mostly, all the best/top medical universities in Nepal are recognized or approved by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organization.
- Students can get the opportunity to work after completing the course of the MBBS program in Nepal.
- In Nepal, people understood the English language, and hence it can be used as a language for study or communication, and thus language is not a barrier in the country.
- Nepal universities offer Affordable living expenses.
- The chance of getting admission to MBBS universities/colleges in Nepal will increase only if candidates prepare themselves accordingly.
Reasons to Study Medicine in Nepal
- There are No donation and capitation fees to take MBBS admission in Nepal.
- No need to give any of the IELTS/TOEFL exams.
- There is no need for a visa to study MBBS in Nepal.
- Globally recognized degree.
- Low-cost fee structure.
- Excellent, secure environment and culture.
- High-quality education.
- MCI/WHO approved colleges.
Course Duration-MBBS in Nepal
- The total course duration of the MBBS course in Nepal is the same as in India, i.e., in 4.5 years, including one year of internship, which students can do anywhere, either in India or Nepal.
- For MS and MD courses, it is three years. For Ph.D., the time duration is for two years.
MBBS in Nepal: Is it Safe and secure for Indian Candidates?
- Nepal is a very safe and female dominating country.
- Students who select to go to Nepal for the MBBS course studies can safely travel there utilizing public transport like trains, buses, or cabs without any kind of fear or worries as in Nepal there is no crime.
- The majority of the population of Nepal follow Christianity and are God-loving.
The Eligibility Criteria-MBBS in Nepal
Below mentioned are the few criteria of eligibility one should perfectly fit to study MBBS in Nepal:
- Candidates need to have age 17 or more than 17 at their admission to apply for the MBBS program in Nepal.
- Students who have completed their 10+2 exam with English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry are the main subjects, and he/she must have secured not less than 50% of marks in the subjects(Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English) and an overall aggregate of at least 50%.
Admission Process for MBBS in Nepal
- India’s medical council allocates an Eligibility certificate that students need to submit to get admission in the MBBS course.
- International students will undergo selection/screening tests based on their results; they will get admissions to different universities. Students need to undergo a definite interview process and, upon completion, register with the corresponding university. Aptitude and scores of the candidates will decide which students will get selected.
- Students should have a minimum of 17 years of age to get admission to the MBBS course. Though different medical colleges have different criteria, it is compulsory to complete secondary education in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must have a score of 50% marks in these subjects.
- Documents that a student needs to submit are a copy of the school certificate examination and a copy of the mark sheet. Students need to submit recent passport-sized photographs and a medical certificate to the respective medical school and a copy of the valid passport.
Fee Structure (MBBS IN NEPAL)
The following are India’s Medical Council approved medical universities with their approx fee structure in Rupees.
|Name of the Universities||College Fee||Hostel Fee||Total|
|KIST Medical College||Rs. 42,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000||Rs. 48,00,000|
|Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu||Rs. 38,50,000||RS. 6,60,000||Rs. 45,10,000|
|B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences||Rs. 48,00,000||Rs. 6,60,000||Rs. 54,60,000|
|Kathmandu University||Rs. 55,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000||Rs. 61,00,000|
|Patan Academy of Health Sciences||Rs. 30,00,000||Rs. 6,60,000||Rs. 36,60,000|
|U. Manipal Academy||Rs. 50,00,000||Rs. 6,60,000||Rs. 56,60,000|
|U. Tribhuvan||Rs. 46,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000||Rs. 52,00,000|
Required Document for Visa to Nepal
- Students need to provide an age Certificate which can be either a high school leaving certificate or similar another document with the candidate’s date of birth clearly mentioned and duly signed by the Head of Institute last studied.
- They need to give a Conduct Certificate which must be duly signed by the Head of Institute last studied along with the photocopies.
- Nationality Certificate – It may be the scanned copy of your passport or identity card or citizenship card issued by a responsible authority.
- Students need to carry Marksheets, Transfer, and Migration Certificates.
- Students need to be careful that he/she does not submit original copies of the documents, as the admission authorities are not responsible for delivering them back. Original documents are needed only during the time of admission.
- Based on the application form and found satisfying by the authorities of admission, interview letters will be sent. Students need to carry this invitation letter from the university along with them for admission.
This ranking is based on the following criteria:
- Performance of students in the Annual Examination.
- Performance of students in Nepal Medical Council Licensing examination.
- Priority Medical College for students during the time of admission.
- Review of students.
- Size of hospitals and facilities.
|1||Maharajgunj Medical Campus||75|
|2||B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS)||135|
|3||Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS)||60|
|4||Chitwan Medical College (CMC)||125|
|5||Manipal College of Medical Sciences||135|
|6||Kathmandu Medical College||135|
|7||Patan Academy of Health Sciences School of Medicine||55|
|8||KIST Medical College||125|
|9||Nepal Medical College||135|
What is the age limit to study MBBS in Nepal?
The students must be of at least 17 years old and a maximum of 25 years old to study MBBS in Nepal.
What are the mandatory documents for pursuing MBBS in Nepal?
Students need to carry their birth certificate, ID proof, NEET score card, Passport, and mark sheet for ten and 10+2.
What is the main reason for selecting MBBS in Nepal?
During MBBS in Nepal, students get the lowest package. the students are given the best high-quality practical and theoretical knowledge by the professors.
What is the time duration of the MBBS in Nepal universities?
The time duration of MBBS in Nepal through the NEET exam is five years and six months. During the first four years in medical colleges, the professors will train students through theoretical knowledge, and during an internship, he/she will get practical experience.
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan
- Kathmandu University
- Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Lalitpur, Nepal
- U. Manipal Academy
- U. Tribhuvan