MBBS in Bangladesh is the best choice for candidates who consider starting their international medical career ahead. Studying MBBS in Bangladesh doesn’t cost much for a worldwide student in any way. For India’s students who want to study MBBS abroad, there are 25 public and 50 private universities for the education of medical, so Bangladesh is among the great choices to start their medical career.
It offers affordable MBBS courses among the foreign countries for citizens of India.
The candidate needs to clear the eligibility criteria of the Bangladesh government for getting MBBS admission in Bangladesh. According to Bangladesh’s eligibility criteria, they choose the best of the candidates, which focuses on the quality standard of MBBS in Bangladesh.
The standard of teaching of Bangladesh Medical Universities is reflected by the Medical Council of India(MCI) the passing percentage of MBBS in Bangladesh, which is relatively more significant than any other country, i.e., 27-30%.
Apart from the quality, the cost of living and the MBBS course in Bangladesh is also a plus point. The MBBS course fees in Bangladesh universities are meager as it comes under the criteria of SAARC quota admission.
SAARC Quota Admission- What is it?
- The SAARC Quota Admission eligibility criteria tell that if a candidate taking admission in Bangladesh for the MBBS course contains the SAARC nation’s nationality, they can get admission without paying the tuition fees.
- The living cost in Bangladesh is meager as compared to other countries.
- But there is one limitation that the student needs to secure at least 95% marks in the 12th class examination.
Why Choose MBBS in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh is the right place to choose for the MBBS Program.
- The medium of instruction is English.
- There is no capitation or donation required.
- Many medical universities are available to choose from for MBBS from Bangladesh.
- Medical Council of India and WHO recognizes the universities in Bangladesh.
- There are excellent facilities for foreign students.
- The country is entirely free of drug abuse and is a safe place for MBBS study
- The pattern of study, as well as the syllabus, is similar to the international curriculum.
- The renowned universities have top-notch faculties.
- There is a minimum chance of VISA rejection for Indian MBBS Study students.
The Admission Procedure to Study MBBS course in Bangladesh
Phase 1: Students need to fill the application form or they can get it filled by an online staff member of an institute.
Phase 2: Submit the scan copies of the passport and all important documents.
Phase 3: Collect the admission letter within ten working days from the university.
Phase 4: After confirming all the formalities of admission, the procedure of immigration will be started.
Phase 5: Within one month, visit the Bangladesh Embassy in Delhi after you get the invitation letter.
Phase 6: Verify all the documents before applying for visa processing.
Medical Universities-Bangladesh Accreditation
- The World Health Organization (WHO).
- The Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The Ministry of Education, Bangladesh.
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME).
- Educational Commission for foreign medical graduates (ECFMG).
Documents Needed for MBBS Admission in Bangladesh
The below-mentioned documents are important to complete your admission process-
- Copy of passport.
- Admit Card of Class X & XII.
- Marksheet of Class X, XI, XII.
- Pan Card.
- Migration Certificate.
- Sixteen Passport size Photographs of the white background.
- The competent authority must attest to all the documents, i.e., the education minister of the country and the Bangladesh Mission Abroad.
- Candidates need to submit their original documents during the admission procedure.
The pattern of study for MBBS in Bangladesh
In Bangladesh, the years and courses are known by “Phase.” After completing all four phases, students will go for one year of the Bangladesh internship program. This internship program in Bangladesh is optional for the students of India.
The pattern of study of Bangladesh medical colleges is similar to Indian medical colleges and MCI.
Benefits of considering the MBBS course in Bangladesh:
- The Quality standard of infrastructure and education is best in comparison to other developing countries.
- All private and government hospitals are entirely well-equipped with excellent infrastructure and the latest technology.
- The cost of living is also affordable in Bangladesh as compared to other developing countries.
- The medical candidates get the opportunity to attend various international seminars and conferences throughout the course duration.
- Working opportunity is also available after completing the course of MBBS in Germany.
- Accommodation is provided with all necessary facilities by medical universities.
- The university campus makes sure the safety and security of international students.
Medical College Ranking- Bangladesh
According to the Ranking Web of Universities below is the list of top Bangladesh universities(medical) with their country and world rankings-
|Name Of University||Country Ranking||Ranking of World|
|University of Dhaka||2||1965|
|University of Chittagong||6||3054|
|Shahjalal University of Science & Technology||10||3236|
|Bangladesh University of Professionals||46||8716|
|University of Science and Technology, Chittagong||56||11004|
|Gono Bishwabiddyalay (Gono University)||73||15113|
Important FAQs| MBBS In Bangladesh
How is the quality standard of MBBS education in Bangladesh?
The study pattern is the same as India’s. MBBS in Bangladesh follows the same Indian Curriculum, Medium of teaching, i.e., English. Also, they follow the same Indian Author Books. An extra advantage of doing Medical Study in Bangladesh is vast clinical exposure, treating patients in the hospital, and gaining practical knowledge.
What is the time duration of the MBBS course in Bangladesh?
The time period is five years, including one year of internship, which is optional.
Is the MBBS program in Bangladesh expensive?
No. Bangladesh is cheaper than any Private Medical Colleges in India or Nepal. Even it’s cheaper than Ukraine, the Philippines, China, Russia due to no hidden expenses.
Can I assure a job in a Government hospital or related medical institutions in India?
Yes. After completing the screening test of MCI and getting your registration done with the State or Central Medical Council, you will get eligible for any Government hospital.
What is the medium of instruction?
The medium of studies is the English language. All the medical colleges we work at are authorized to teach in English by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
- Bangladesh University of Professionals
- Gono Bishwabiddalay, Bangladesh
- Shah Jalal Uni. of Science & Technology, Sylhet
- University of Chittagong
- University of Dhaka
- University of Rajshahi
- University of Science & Technology, Chittagong