• Mariupol is a large city located in the Donetsk region in the east of Ukraine, on the shore of the Azov Sea at the mouth of the Kalmius and Kalchik rivers.
• The city is one of the most important centers of metallurgy and machine building of the country, a major seaport and a health resort.
• The population of Mariupol is about 449,000 (2016), the area – 244 sq. km.
• The phone code – +380 629, the postal codes – 87500-87590.
• Mariupol is well connected with the other part of the Ukraine,which is connected to numerous cities of the world by air, rail and road traffic. The city has many transportation methods, including: public transport, Metro Train, taxies, railways, and air traffic.
• Mariupol is well planned and well-structured city of the Ukraine, where all latest technology and the facilities are easy accessible to the common people.
• The climate is temperate continental with long hot summers (frequent droughts and dry winds) and long mild winters. The average temperature in January is minus 2.4 degrees Celsius, in July – plus 24 degrees Celsius
• Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is the best and the largest medical university of Eastern Europe.
• Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” was established in 1930 as Donetsk Medical Institute.
• In 1994 DNMU was given the status of University and in 2008 DNMU has got the status of National Medical University and it was renamed to Donetsk National Medical University.
• DNMU is counted as one of the best medical school in Ukraine and in all over Europe.
• The University is known as DNMU and it’s the abbreviated name of Donetsk National Medical University.
• Donetsk National Medical University have the following campuses in Ukraine
Mariupol Campus – in Mariupol city
Kirovograd Campus- Kirovograd city
Chernihiv Campus-Chernihiv city
• Donetsk National Medical University (Mariupol Campus) is registered with the world Medical Universities list.
• Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” was the first medical university in Ukraine and in Eastern Europe who started the faculties of Medicine and Dentistry in English language for foreign students in 1991 after independence of Ukraine.
• Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is attested according to the highest (the fourth) Level of accreditation.
• The Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” activities confirm with The Constitution of Ukraine, Ukrainian legislation, acts issued by the President and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Decrees of the Health Department and Education Department of Ukraine, the University Rules.
• Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is the most attractive to foreign students among other Ukrainian medical universities due to it’s highest ranking, high level of specialist training, high tech laboratories, good knowledge of English language of the staff, campus system of the DNMU.
• Today more than 15000 students are studying at eight faculties of Donetsk National Medical University. Among them there are about 4200 foreign students from Russia, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, USA, UK, Germany, Poland, Greece, Israel, Turkey, India, Nepal, Srilanka, China, Malaysia, Mauritius, Pakistan, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Peru, Palestine, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Jordan, Syria, Tunisia, Kenya, Namibia, Zambia, Lebanon and other countries studying in the DNMU at the moment.
Due to the high level of specialists training and considerably low tuition fees, DNMU is one of the most attractive Ukrainian Medical Universities for the foreigners.
• In total more than 52,000 doctors, well-known scientists, researchers, health service organizers from Ukraine, Russia, other CIS countries and as well as from 96 countries of the world from like Africa, Asia, Europe and Americas have graduated from the Donetsk National Medical University (Mariupol Campus). Among them more than 8000 are foreign students.
• At present the total teaching staff at Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is 1147. Among them are 150 professors and 243 Associate Professors, academic title of doctors and candidate of medical sciences are respectively 117 and 449 people.
• In the Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) is a member of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and two corresponding members of AMS of Ukraine,4 laureates of State Prize of Ukraine,18 distinguished scientists and engineers,8 distinguished doctors,2 Honoured worker of Education of Ukraine, 37 full members of international and departmental academies science,
• Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” (Mariupol Campus) has been recognized the best training-methodical centre among Ukrainian medical universities in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 and was awarded with certificates from Ukrainian Health Ministry and Ministry of Education.
• National Medical University (Mariupol Campus) is the regional centre for Bologna process managing in Ukraine.
At the Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” (Mariupol Campus) there are eight faculties including preparatory faculty for foreign students. The Donetsk National Medical University (Mariupol Campus) trains specialists along the following education / qualification levels: Junior specialists, specialists, Masters for the following specialties:
• Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” provide training in English, Russian and in Ukrainian language in all faculties.
• According to the Ukrainian Health Ministry Order N°148 of March 22, 2004 DNMU has been appointed as Regional Centre of Bologna Process managing in Ukraine. In 2005/06 academic year, DNMU has started teaching its students in accordance with the Bologna Agreement on specialists training using the credit-modular system, and upon completion of their education the students will obtain the Specialist Degree of European standard.
• DNMU students will be able to study various academic modules at practically any European medical University and after getting the Specialist Degree they will have very attractive employment prospective
• The DNMU also got an array of libraries that not only provides books for the courses, but also for the general knowledge as the student’s desires. Most of them works till late night, that the student can work flexibly not looking at the time.
• The students of DNMU get their professional training at 26 specialized bases (including Donetsk multifield medical and preventive organizations and research institutes) and 28 highly equipped clinical bases (including main hospitals of Donetsk) under the supervision of highly qualified specialists.
• The Donetsk National Medical University (Mariupol Campus) provides its students with accommodation and study facilities. The students’ campus has 13 study buildings equipped with 37 computer classes and libraries, 9 hostels with reading halls and sports rooms, health centre for preventive care, stadium, sports and health service complexes, summer camping at the Severskiy Donets river.
• The Degree of the Donetsk National Medical University (Mariupol Campus) is prestigious and recognized in many countries of the world. Among former graduates of the University there are ministers and members of parliaments in various countries, outstanding scientists and famous specialists who founded their own clinics abroad.
• The Donetsk National Medical University’s (Mariupol Campus) long experience in training of foreign specialists, highly qualified teaching staff and modern facilities – all guarantee high level of theoretical and practical training to the students of the University.
• Donetsk National Medical University Provide MCI coaching for Indian Students from 1styear to six years
Coaching provided by Indian professors and lecturers
• Students are prepared such a way that each years coaching covers the subject which already taught to them
• There is evaluation system is developed for the mci exam, and all 21 subjects are covered during the entire course it is become very useful for the Indian students to prepare for the FMGE,
• DNMU has Well experience Staffs including Dctors, scientist and research scientist,
• There are enough professors and associate professors
• Specialist and lecturers are highly trained with the modern technique
• Visiting faculties are regularly visit for the specific lecturers
• For indian students, lecturers are highly trained in english language
• The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine provides and guarantees the quality of education of international students studying in Ukraine. International students obtain state-registered degree at Higher Educational Establishments which are officially licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. In such manner various universities, academies and institutes are not only accredited, but also licensed to organize higher education for international students.
• International students wishing to study in English medium may get admissions at once to the first course through coordinating companies, which also must be licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science. Those applicants who decide to study in Russian medium must start with the language course (foundation year). The language course primarily contains Russian language classes and disciplines related to the future specialty.
• DNMU is recognized by the World Health Organization (W.H.O), U.S. Education Department, General Council of Medicine and Medical Council of India. After obtaining Degree of DNMU, the students are eligible for applying in United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and The Professional Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) of the United Kingdom (UK).
Medium Of Study:
Medium is in English medium only.
Duration: 6 years
There are 2 Semesters in the academic year:
Autumn Semester — From September to January ,
Spring Semester — From February to June.
For 6 years of training 13,474 hours out of them:
· Humanitarian subjects — 1,576 hours
· Social-economic subjects — 432 hours
· Fundamental /general scientific/ subjects — 2,180 hours
· Professionally oriented subjects — 6,098 hours
· Elective courses — 324 hours
· Practical training — 972 hours
· Sub internship /in the 6-th year — 1,892 hours
• There are examinations at the end of both semesters. The dates of examinations (Session Period) are determined by the Rector, but the examination dates for individual disciplines within the session period are decided by students and faculty members by mutual agreement.
Student’s performance during the Examinations is Graded as: «Satisfactory»; «Good»; «Excellent» or «Unsatisfactory».
In order to appear for the exam, a Student must have passed all the Credit-Tests, and must have fulfilled the 100 % attendance
All students have their vacations twice a year.
Summer vacations: from July 1 to August 31.
Winter vacations: from January 15 to February 7.
• Donetsk National Medical University has a very good hostel system with fully furnished rooms, quite study environment and surrounded with recreation center.
• For the convenience of the students, they can choose their roommates; they can stay together if they belong to same city if they want, they can change the room if they needed
• There are several accommodation options for international students and it is important to consider whether you prefer an independent lifestyle or enjoy living in a community.
• Combine the convenience of living on or near campus, access to programs and services to help you excel academically, the opportunity to build lasting friendships, and comfortable, affordable living and you have the life of a University. The territory of the University and the main students’ routes from the hostels to the educational buildings are protected and patrolled by officers of guard service.
All rooms in hostels are provided with internet facility.
• Rooms on campus are available to students. All hostel rooms are furnished and vary in size and number of conveniences. Dormitory rooms at hostel can accommodate 2 or 3 students to a room.
• All rooms are equipped with bed, mattress, pillow, blanket, desk, chair, Almira, heating, water system and suitable lighting for both study and relaxation. There are common areas where students can play and mingle. Upon the students arrival on campus, specific accommodations are assigned and after a satisfactory health report the student will be accommodated to the room which is allotted to him.
• Off campus housing can be obtained in nearby apartments. Available apartments and houses are furnished, and vary in size, cost and number of conveniences. Life in Mariupol is friendly and devoid rush. While at first some students may miss their home environment, native foods, or a hurried pace, they soon learn to appreciate and enjoy a cultural different their own.
• All the rooms are provided with heaters. Our hostels feature 24-hour access to security and emergency services, making it easy to get assistance when you need it. As a campus resident, you also have access to all support services such as campus Security Services, counseling Services and health Services.
• If you take a University room, we’ll ask you to follow our basic regulations. These are to ensure that everyone can live together happily and safely, so include such things as no noise after 11pm and showing consideration for others
• Accommodation for the foreign students is provided by typical student hostels rated at 2,422 lodgers. Hostel fees depend upon the size of the dwelling space. This accommodation is available all the year round and for the whole period of training. But foreign students prefer rented flat/accommodation
• Indian Mess Available for indian Students
• Separate Veg & Non Veg Mess Are available
• Students can Choose either mess as per the required, hygenic foods are provided to the students
1. Valid passport
2. Class 12 mark or grade sheet
3. Class 10 mark sheet
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
a. In class 12 Board Examination: Candidates should have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and obtained minimum 50% (40% for SC/ST/OBC) in PCB with Practical.
b. Be Minimum 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission:
There is No Entrance Examination. Admission is on a “Rolling” or “First come First admit basis” – this is the norm in Europe. Applications are accepted till seats are available. Those who apply EARLY stand the best chance of admission.