• Osh is the 2nd largest city of Kyrgyzstan and is often referred as the “South Capital of Kyrgyzstan”. It is the oldest city of Kyrgyzstan. The city has mixed culture and population of Russians, Kyrgyz, Uzbeks & Tajiks.
• Osh has direct connectivity to other major cities like Bishkek through Osh airport and by road too but there is no railway connectivity due to the hindrance of mountains.
• Osh is the capital of the Osh state of Kyrgyzstan. It is a hub of foreign students who come for MBBS in Osh in medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan. Since last 10 years the city has witnessed huge growth in number of students in education sector.
• Over the course of a year, the temperature typically varies from -7°C to 33°C and is rarely below -13°C or above 35°C.
• The warm season lasts from May 27 to September 14 with an average daily high temperature above 27°C. The hottest day of the year is August 6, with an average high of 33°C and low of 20°C
• The cold season lasts from December 3 to February 29 with an average daily high temperature below 7°C. The coldest day of the year is January 17, with an average low of -7°C and high of 1°C.
• Kyrgyzstan, also known by the name of Kyrgyz Republic is a country located in Asia and bordered by Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan & China.
• The capital of Kyrgyzstan is Bishkek.
• The country was earlier a part of USSR i.e. Soviet Union, but after the split of 1991 it became a separate entity and since then is known by the Kyrgyz Republic or more commonly Kyrgyzstan.
• The major languages spoken in Kyrgyzstan are Russian & Kyrgyz, although their national language is Kyrgyz.
• The country contributes to the famous trade route known as “Silk Road”, which connects China to the Mediterranean.
• The famous “Issyk-Kul Lake” is also located in Kyrgyzstan which serves as a tourist destination for lot of tourists each year from around the world.
• The temperature touches up to -6 degrees during winters and is quite pleasant in summers not exceeding +30 degrees.
• Osh State Medical University came into existence in 1992. Earlier it was known by the name of Osh State University.
• The university has been receiving Indian students for MBBS in Osh since several decades.
• It is recognized by WHO & is included in the list published by WHO i.e. WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools). The university is also recognized by several other medical listing like FAIMER, IMED, ECFMG, etc. and most importantly by MCI i.e. Medical Council of India.
• The maximum percentage of foreigners who are studying medical courses in Osh are from India.
• The students are awarded with the medical degree after successful completion of MBBS in 6 years. The degree is known by the name of M.D. (Physician) which is equivalent to M.B.B.S. in India. Students from India can also undergo post-graduate courses in Osh State Medical University.
• The specialties for post-graduation include general medicine, radiology, endocrinology, haematology, dermatology, neurology, cardiology, nephrology, infectious diseases, pulmonology, psychotherapy, physiotherapy, psychiatry, general surgery, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, obstetrics, gynaecology, ENT, emergency medical aid, urology, oncology, anaesthesia, neonatalogy, paediatrics, orthopaedics, gastroenterology and several other specialities too.
• Osh State Medical University offers medical courses in both English as well as in Russia medium for students from India.
• Currently, more than 2800 students are studying medical in Osh as per records and a faculty of more than 250 teachers is involved in training these students.
• The university has tie-ups with several renowned & prestigious hospitals of Kyrgyzstan which help the students in getting maximum and valuable exposure to the latest technology used today and have a priceless experience in the field of medicine.
• The students also have the option to continue Post graduation in Osh or even migrate to American Medical Institute as a part of exchange program being run between Osh State Medical University & American Medical Institute.
• Keeping in mind the number of Indian Students studying in Osh, several professors from India are invited to Osh every month for providing valuable & rich knowledge to students which helps them in easily clearing the MCI screening test in India after completion of their MBBS in OSh.
• Osh State Medical University offers limited programs which are as follows : General Medicine, Stomatology, Paediatrics, Pharmacy, etc. However, the most number of admissions take place in medical faculty of it.
• All the above courses are offered in Russian medium with General Medicine available in English medium too. The teaching faculty is highly experienced and hold reputed degrees in their fields.
• Osh State Medical University invites all eligible and aspiring students to come and be a part of this historical university and create a bright future for themselves.
• Title of degree: Doctor of Medicine (M.D)
• Institution: International medical faculty, Osh state university
• Medium of instruction: English
• Duration: 6 years
• The university provides hostel to the international students. Two persons share a room with air conditioner, attached bathroom, color TV, telephone, bed with required amenities and furniture, free hot?drinking— water heater, refrigerator, public laundry and kitchen, internet access. Students are required to pay the electricity and water they used.
• Hostel facility with each room equipped with CTV, individual bed, broadband internet line, table/chair, AC, geyser, water dispenser,etc with 24 hours on duty hostel warden.
• Indian Mess is available where students can enjoy Indian food.